Deciding to move into a senior living community can be fraught with worry and stress. Some of these feelings stem from the myriad of senior living options available in their local community.
While a wide variety of choices is usually a good thing to have, more options can lead to more confusion when matching a senior living community with an elderly loved one. Not only that, calling and visiting each one can be a time-consuming headache that leads to other worries:
- Do you know what to look for in a senior living community?
- Will you remember to ask all the right questions?
- Is there anything you should be aware of that will impact the person’s happiness or standard of living?
Finding the right senior living community is a daunting task. This is why many families hire a senior living advisor to help. They make the entire process easy and stress-free by doing all the work and presenting you with the best options for yourself or a loved one.
What is a senior living advisor?
Senior living advisors specialize in helping families make senior living arrangements. Their knowledge and experience save you time and worry by doing all the research on your behalf and providing you with a list of best-fit facilities wholly based on your needs.
They’re with you every step of the way with seasoned, trusted guidance and answers to all of your questions. Senior living advisors understand how complex the process can be, making every effort to help the transition to senior care or assisted living communities as seamlessly as possible. They bring significant value to your family in the following ways:
- Your needs are their primary concern: Senior living advisors aren’t interested in making a sale. They genuinely want to match seniors with the community that best suits their needs, interests, and lifestyle. Whether your elderly loved one is looking for a community with lots of activities and socialization, or if they need 24-hour medical care, your senior living advisor will provide the best matches for your review.
- They respect your budget: How much you can afford and how you pay (such as privately funded, Medicaid, or long-term care insurance) help the senior living advisor determine the best-fit options for your family. No matter the size of your budget, your advisor will work closely with you to find your elderly loved one their next home.
- There is no cost to you for their services: Similar to how real estate agents work, senior living advisors get a commission from the senior living community you or your loved one move into. You risk nothing financially from their services, and there’s no pressure to choose one community over another. They work solely for you with complete objectivity.
- They demystify the process: Many families, especially when seeking senior living for the first time, start the process with little to no knowledge of how everything operates. The experience, connections, and resources offered by a senior living advisor will save your family a lot of stress and indecision by making the entire process straightforward, open, and transparent.
- They pull back the “veil”: You could sift through brochures and websites for hours and still be unsure whether a specific facility is the right fit. That’s because marketing materials only show you the “good” side of things. Senior living advisors know all sides of every community in their network and can advise you if a particular community has had violations reported to their state board.
- They know your community: In most cases, families want their elderly relatives close to them for quick family visits and celebrations. Senior living advisors are familiar with all of the quality senior living communities in your region. However, if the person wants to relocate to a new town, the senior advisor can help provide you with the best options in that local area.
- They work at your pace: You might be planning a move in a few months. Conversely, an elderly loved one might be about to be discharged from a medical facility and require assisted living immediately. In both cases, your senior living advisor can react accordingly and provide options that suit your immediate or long-term needs based on their knowledge and experience.
- You get suitable recommendations: Families who pour over websites and brochures to find appropriate senior communities might miss that best fit due to the large volume of research that needs to be done. You can be assured that when your advisor presents a list of senior communities, their recommendations come from exhaustive research based on your preferences. You can then make informed choices with your advisor to narrow the selections down.
- They accompany you on community visits: Once you and your advisor create a shortlist of the best senior living options, your advisor will come with you on a tour of the senior community. They’ll be present at your meeting with the community representative and ensure that all of your questions are answered and concerns addressed. They may even bring up some points you might not have thought of but will be glad they did.
- They offer a trusted partnership: Your senior living advisor works with you from the very beginning, and many will continue to help right up until the move-in day. That’s because they truly act as trusted partners who are as interested in finding the best living arrangements for you or your elderly loved one as you are.
Do you need a senior living advisor?
If you have the time and energy to explore all the different senior living options, you can undoubtedly find a community on your own. However, working with a senior living advisor is the best way to find a community that will provide the best care and quality of life for you or the elder in your life based on their own needs and preferences.
Get help with finding a senior living advisor in the Greater Cincinnati Area
At Assisted Living Locators of Greater Cincinnati, we specialize in matching local seniors with senior living or assisted living communities that perfectly align with their living requirements. Our team works alongside you, answering all of your questions and providing you with all the information you need to make the most informed decision possible.
Contact Assisted Living Locators of Greater Cincinnati to start seeing your senior living community dreams come to life today!